What makes us special
- Chef Christiaan Jansen grew up in Limpopo before moving to Pretoria to study a Bachelor’s Degree in Consumer Science: Hospitality Management at the University of Pretoria.
- After finishing his 4-year degree, he moved to Aspen, Colorado in the USA where he spent a year working in some of the best kitchens in the area, building on his skills and being exposed to many ingredients and methods that he hadn't seen before.
- He then returned to South Africa where he has spent his time working in top kitchens across Gauteng.
- Pachas restaurant first opened its doors in 1985 and after moving location twice since, is now located in The Club Centre in Hazelwood, Pretoria.
- Our menu offers Upmarket Steakhouse fare as well as a wide variety of seafood and poultry and can seat up to 200 guests at full capacity.
- Pachas has many private venue options for that special occasion, business luncheon or dinner.
- Healthy dining is not about eating only leaves and drinking water. It's about knowing where the things that go into your body comes from - how it was grown/reared, has it been pumped full of chemicals to make them grow quicker and prettier? If you consume vegetables and poultry/meat that have been pumped full of antibiotics so that they can grow quicker and look more appealing on the shelf, it can be much more harmful to your health than just leaving them out completely.
- At Pachas we try to follow this ethos as far as possible. We do this by not buying pre-made sauces and other products, but by rather making everything ourselves. That helps to cut out the bulk of preservatives etc that are used in products today.
- Our major suppliers are also trusted suppliers who have been around for many years, supplying only top quality items eg. Chalmar Beef (beef) and Olive Grove Bakery (fresh produce and bakery).