What makes us special
- CHEF RIKKU MARAIS-O'DONNCHU, an award winning Chef, is no stranger to conceptual dining...fom masterminding the concept of Gåte in Stellenbosch, started The SŸN group (pronounced SIN but meaning great expansion) a Luxury catering and events company with pop-up restaurant, in the run in to the much anticipated opening of his new venture, EXHIBIT A.
- Chef Rikku, other than recently being awarded, WORLD's BEST HEAD CHEF at the WORLD LUXURY RESTAURANT AWARDS, also has an impressive resume, casually stating having worked top names the likes of Heston Blumenthal’s at his 3 Michelin Star (and Worlds Best Restaurant, The Fat Duck, Thomas Keller’s 3 Michelin Star (and Worlds Best Restaurant), The French Laundry as well the Godfather of modern cookery himself, Marco Pierre White, who also had Gordon Ramsay apprentice under him.
- Ó’Donnchü has also starred on the BBC hit celebrity Masterchef and Masterchef the professionals, cooking wild and Saturday morning kitchen, not to mention ad collaborations with Lay’s, Yuppie Chef and Robertson’s spice.
- The next step for Rikku, it to achieve a world’s Top 50 restaurant status and with his team of top staff, there is no doubt it’s well within reach, and we hope we are there with him watching his rise.
- EXHIBIT A is defined by world-class cuisine, a wide selection of international wines, and incredible service, Exhibit A is a brand new fine-dining restaurant located on the 3rd floor at 47 Bree Street, Cape Town. The name has a story of its own and relates not only to art but science too – both central to the experience.
- The 40-seater was conceptualised by maverick duo, Chef Rikku & Chef Warwick King, and offers a new wave of South African cuisine. Serious about sustainability, Ó’Donnchü and King have designed a menu that elevates local dishes by using indigenous ingredients. These include foraged sea vegetables from the west coast, seafood from False Bay and Saldanha, Cape Duck, and Spekboom.
- The wine list is a celebration of award-winning local and international wines. Populated by more than 200 wines, the list includes favourites from wineries like Raats Family Wines, Holden Manz, and Meerlust. And internationally, from M. Chapoutier, Château d'Yquem, and a selection of Grand Cru wines.
- Exhibit A is open for lunch and dinner Tuesday to Saturday and offers a 5, 7 and 12-course tasting menu. A vegetarian option is available too.
- Eat and feel good!
- Be ethical, most of all and support the small local markets.
- Grow what you can and make the effort.
- Use less trans fats sugars and above all else, protect the earth.
- Chef's Rikku & Warwick strive to support local smaller markets as much as they possibly can, knowing and understanding their supplier helps them know and understand their products, something you will never get with a mass produce supplier.